Outdoor Archery Season, 1993
A disappointing year, in which I did not shoot many competitions, and
practiced even less, while attempting to finish my degree.
I only shot one 1200 Fita, and five 1100 Fitas. See the key for an explanation of the columns:
Dist Hits Golds Score Low High S. Dev. Num
90m 35.86 2.86 260.14 240 274 12.0999 7
70m 36.00 6.29 299.71 280 312 9.1138 7
50m 36.00 6.33 293.83 286 300 4.5977 6
30m 36.00 11.33 325.00 315 333 7.6811 6
All 143.83 27.50 1180.17 1140 1207 23.9612 6
Fita equivalent average
I shot some other Imperial rounds this year, which dragged my averages down:
Dist Hits Score Low High S. Dev. Num
All 143.00 1165.88 1069 1207 42.0994 8
- Scottish Universities' Sports Federation Outdoor Championships, 2nd April
- First, and first team. This year the S.U.S.F.
Championships were changed
to and Albion from a Long Western and Western, so that males and females
were both shooting the same round. I nearly lost this one, and had to
shoot the last dozen clean to win.
- Forres Fita, 9th May
- First. A bitterly cold day somewhere north of Aberdeen, where we
drank lots of beer and occasionally dashed out of the shelter to shoot a
- West of Scotland Fita Star, 22nd May
- 70m distance award.
- British Universities' Sports Federation Outdoor Championships, 19th June
- Second, and member of the first team. The first time
this championship had been north of the border, the Scots took the first
three places. About time too.
- Banchory Fita Thistle, 14th August
- Second. Nice prizes; whisky, hampers of local foods and so on.
Better than the usual plastic medals and trophies.
Last modified on 16th June 2008 by firstname.lastname@example.org